gallery

 photo home-9.png photo about-2.png photo disclaimer-3.png photo blogroll-5.png photo button-3.png


Friday 26 October 2012

October Favourites


Hello everyone. This is my very first favourites post containing my top beauty buys for the month of October. I will be doing one every month from now. Enjoy~



Sohum candle - Seagrass, Grande Vegetale range 

($39.95 AUD purchased at Soak)

I was really drawn to this candle mainly because of the beautiful design. Most candles you see these days have a more simple and typical smooth shaped glass design however the Sohum candle has a unique ridged glass design giving off an elegant look (perfect for putting on your vanity table or decorating your room). Sohum have so many different scents to choose from but I only chose one which was Seagrass as it has a nice fresh kind of smell (I am not a big fan of really floral scents). Because I'm no expert with candles, I cannot really tell you how strongly it burns but it definitely gives a nice subtle scent to my room, making it smell fresh and clean every time I walk in. I purchased this candle in a cute little candle shop called Soak (Shop 4, 372 Mt Dandenong Tourist Road, Sassafras) however I believe you can also find Sohum candles in Queen Victoria Market and Chapel Street. 




Topshop Highlighter - Crescent Moon 

($15 AUD purchased from Topshop.com) 

Topshop Glow - Polished 

($14 AUD purchased from Topshop.com)

I initially purchased these two from the Topshop online store out of impulse to receive free shipping however I am quite pleased with both of them. The Highlighter in crescent moon is a sheer highlighting powder that gives off a subtle peachy highlight to your face. The Glow in Polished is a pigmented creamy textured highlighter that gives a more enhanced and slightly warm luminescence to your face. Perfect for when you are wanting to go out at night and dress up a little bit more. You can use these two separately or together (creamy texture first then powder after) depending on how illuminated you want your cheekbones, nose bridge, etc to look. Brush some in the middle of your legs/bone area for the illusion of more defined legs. 

 


OPI Avoplex - Cuticle Oil To Go 

($17.95 AUD purchased from David Jones)

Although I do have the original larger size of this cuticle oil, I find it very hard to take around with me as it is quite heavy due to being made out of glass. I often don't have time to put cuticle oil on before I leave the house so my cuticles get quite dry throughout the day so this Cuticle Oil To Go is perfect for me! Perfect for taking around with me in my bag as it is lightweight and so easy to use. All you have to do is squeeze a little bit of cuticle oil out, apply it to your cuticles with the in-built brush, and rub in. You can also apply this on any dry areas on your hand if you don't have any hand cream with you too.



OPI Avoplex - Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment 

($19.95 AUD purchased at David Jones)

This exfoliating cuticle treatment was great for taking off any fine, excess, and messy cuticle that is sticking out. I found that it moisturised and maintained the cuticle area so I didn't have to trim it as much. All you have to do is just rub the ointment in, leave on for 3-5 minutes and the AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acid's) will do the work for you by exfoliating and smoothing down the cuticle areas.



La Prairie - Cellular Lip Renewal Concentrate

($140 AUD at David Jones)

Although this lip product was sort of a splurge, it was very much worth it for me. Most lip products I have used in the past have a thick, rich, and sticky sensation when applied on the lips and not long after they tend to get dehydrated/cracked again. Unlike other products, La Prairie's Cellular Lip Renewal Concentrate continuously hydrates without having that thick rich layer on top of your lips. This sheer lightweight formula when first applied feels watery in texture but only a couple minutes after soaks into the lips leaving a nice matte appearance however feeling nourished and hydrated at the same time. Not only did I find that it helped rebuild my lips moisture barrier but it also firmed and smoothed out any fine lines & cracked skin on my lips thanks to the AHA based formula (Alpha Hydroxy Acid made out of fruit acids hence the citrusy scent and slight tingling sensation when applied). In addition I found that this product gave my lips have a natural glow and made my lips pinker and plumper. The best thing about this product is that it will last you for ages as it comes in quite a size large container plus a little bit of product goes a long way. Apply some before you go to sleep at night and you'll wake up with smooth and flawless lips!



Also, Please check out my friend Cindy's Youtube Channel. She has tutorials and lots of helpful tips on where to buy clothes & makeup online!

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ccindy?feature=results_main

No comments:

Post a Comment